Pages

Wednesday, April 10, 2024

Running and a full service clean

 No matter what happens, I always return to blogging and running. Funnily enough they are two things that I have done today. I had a lovely two laps of Jumbles Reservoir today. It was basically deserted due to the drizzle. As you can see below, the ticket machine- which has been out of action as long as I’ve ever been going to Jumbles- has seemingly been crashed into. It’s a real mess but at least you don’t have to pay to park. 

The river was very high which is highly unsurprising considering the biblical amount of rain we have had this year. We are still in danger of non league football matches being called off and we are in April. This is unheard of. It’s largely rained today too. 

I’ve done lots of cleaning today as I am off work on my own. I feel a bit guilty sitting doing nothing so I hoovered and dusted the bedrooms and did the same in the living room. I feel a lot more settled when I’ve done some cleaning. I feel more productive. 
I’m thinking of imposing a phone ban when I’m in bed. I’m not a fan of phones but do accept they are part of life so I’ll have to accept them. However it does annoy me when I think of the time I waste scrolling needlessly through things I have absolutely no interest in. Not playing on your phone is easier said than done however. I’ll let you know how it goes. 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Bury FC - never fail to disappoint

 Bury FC are back at Gigg Lane. Or they were. Today’s penultimate game of the season against Padiham was played at FC United’s Broadhurst Pa...